
I've been thinking a lot about the fact that my baby is going to be 1 year old next week. Wow, has this past year flown by. 1 year ago I was freaking out with thoughts of not knowing how to take care of a baby. Yes, this may be strange for many of you thinking that at one point in my life I took care of three babies at one time. It's true, I think no matter how many children you have, it's always a little scary to think about doing it all over again and how the dynamics of your family are going to change.
This time last year a few of my closest friends were on a Crusie. Yes, I was very jelous for one that we couldn't go and second I was really nervous I was going to have this baby while they were gone. Fortunately for my sake, they returned before I had him to help with my other kids and give me some mental support.
So while they were gone, I nested. I think I was the definition of nesting. I remember organizing things and cleaning like crazy. I bought out the grocery store so Donevan and the kids would have food while I was in the hospital. Yes, I was the definition of nesting!
I think most of all I was scared and my nesting helped me not think about my c-section 6 years prior and all the complications that went with it. I couldn't get out of my mind that some Dr.'s didn't think I should have anymore children and I was second guessing myself. Fortunately a lot of faith and a lot more "yes, this is possible" consults with Dr.'s confirmed my feelings that this family wasn't complete. I am so grateful for prayer and for the answer I received that my little boy was waiting to come down to our family. I am also grateful for modern medicine and for Dr's that were confident in their abilities to deliver Donnie with no major complications. I feel so blessed!
So 1 year later, I can't imagine my life without this sweet precious boy. He has brought so much joy to our family. I had always heard that they're is a special bond between mothers and their sons. This is true with me and DJ. I love him so much!

6 comments:
Mothering is an innate part of us and you never need to worry about your abilities...I'm so glad you got another baby and a baby boy at that! Cousin Em
One year. That is so crazy. It has been fun to watch the dynamics that DJ brought to your family. I can tell everybody loves him so much!
super sweet picture... of a super cute baby.
You are an amazing mother. I admire you lots!
I think this is my favorite post of yours so far! So sweet! And he is such a cutie pie!
What a beautiful photo. I loved reading this post. You are an awesome mom.
Hi Christine! What a sweet boy you have! And the girls are precious too. Kendall is sitting in my lap looking at the pictures and she thinks the picture of Donnie is of Mason...they do have that same sweet little round face! LOVE IT!!! Thanks for reading my blog...it is fun to keep up with old and faraway friends.
Jennifer M.
Post a Comment