Saturday, February 2, 2008

Make New Friends, But Keep The Old

As I visited with our friends Ben and Jen last night, I was reminded of an old song that I learned in Brownies many years ago. "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the others gold". It's kind of a cheesy song, but it's so true.

I don't think I have laughed as hard as I did last night for a long time. My stomach even hurts this morning from laughing so hard. We had so much fun and I was again reminded of how much we miss friends that have moved away or that we have moved away from. (Jen, thanks for taking that ever so scary flight from Boise to see Glen Beck and IF friends. Come back again, soon.)

A good friend is something to cherish forever and some of my best friends are the ones that I might not see very often because we live far apart now, but when we do get together, it's like we were never apart.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

they're the best, aren't they? We miss them oodles.

Me - Jen said...

You rock. Thanks for coming and visiting with us and that late night drop off was PERFECT. I survived coming home but I do miss you and all the wonderful women in the neighborhood terribly. Thanks for your friendship!!