Wednesday, February 20, 2008

PAST PRESENT and FUTURE



20 years ago………….(I couldn't find any pics of me 9, but here are some earlier childhood photos)
I was 9 years old loving being the baby in the family….spoiled I must say. I can't help the birthorder of my siblings. Highlights included Cheerleading for MYI Football and dominating MYI basketball with my best coach ever (My Dad). Go Big Blue. When I think about my childhood, most of my memories are from summertime. I spent summers at the pool with friends and the beach with family. I also had many summers of playing whiffle ball in the backyard. I have to say my brother Rusty taught me every kind of pitch there was. I can still remember him saying, "Chrissy, this is how you throw a knuckle ball". I didn't have a care in the world, it was good times.


12 years ago.................................

I was a Senior in Highschool. Life was fun. I had been so into basketball all through highschool, but when my senior year rolled around, I had something else in mind. Cheerleading! I hadn't cheered since I was a little girl and I don't know how I had the courage to even tryout. But, I am glad I did, it was the most fun I had in highschool! I was able to cheer during the football season and still play basketball in the winter.



10 years ago…………
I was 19…and about to be married. So young and so in love. Donevan was the man of my dreams and I immediatley fell in love with him.

7 years ago………………….
I was wondering how in the world I would manage triplets. Scared out of my mind and feeling totally inadequate. I was totally blessed with three healthy girls! When I look at this picture I wonder how in the world I ever did it!
5 years ago……………….
Terrible Two’s x’s Three. I must say that because they had each other, they weren’t very mischievous. We were very busy and there was never a dull moment at our house. Donevan had graduated from Michigan and we were settling into life in Idaho. We were thrilled to be closer to family and start our life here….out of school!!!

1 year ago…………………..
I was anxious and scared to death about having another baby. We were thrilled it was going to be a baby boy. I really couldn't imagine my life with a new baby. It had been 6 1/2 years since I had taken care of a baby and I wasn't sure I remembered how to do it. Well it all came back the moment I held him in my arms. I feel so blessed to have him!!!


So far this year…………
I made a lot of resolutions and kept some and didn’t keep some
Have baby proofed my house

Yesterday I…………………
Went to the gym at 7am (that's early for me)

Got the girls out the door to school

Post office run

Cooked dinner

Cleaned


Today I will........................

Clean more

Go to the gym

Laundry

Clean more!!!(that's never ending)


Tomorrow.............................

Go to a birthday lunch for a girlfriend

Go to the Gym

Go to the Temple


This year I will...........................

Have fun

Enjoy the little things in life

Go to VA this summer (I am excited for that)

Try not to sweat the small stuff

Tell my kids and husband I love them everyday!!!




11 comments:

Skylette said...

Christine, how cute! I love seeing photos of people when they are young! The pictures of the girls were also adorable!

Me - Jen said...

What a journey you have had. FUN!! Loved seeing the photos of your life. Thanks for sharing

Emily Rae said...

That was fun to read. Isn't funny how we even mature from 20 to 30? Loved the pics! Cousin Em

Jen said...

I totally forgot you were a cheerleader. When I saw the picture it ALL came back to me WHOOOOOOOOOOO, Spirit Fingers!

I'm going to VA this summer also, in August! When are you going to be there?

Emily said...

I loved your post. The picture of you when you were little, I could see your girls resemble you more than I thought. How fun to read and learn more about your life!

Jen said...

Blurb.com will print photo books for blogs. I haven't looked too much into it, so I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm gonna find out!

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

Good Luck!

Tiffany B said...

enjoyed all your fun photos.

Anonymous said...

What a fun post to read.... and look at! Looking at the newborn pic of your triplets almost gave me anxiety! I don't know how you guys did it! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

LOVE the timeline, LOVE the pictures! Don't you feel like you have accomplished quite a bit in a relatively small window of time- not to mention how much you accomplish on a daily basis! 7 AM gym workout- very impressive too!

Hilary said...

What fun pictures, Christine!! What a cutie you were (and still are!) Really fun to read about you!

Tami said...

Thank you for sharing your photos. Very fun to look at. I love seeing the girls @ age two. You were a very pretty bride!