We started a new reward system at our house last night. We have had success with rewards systems for our children, but have found that they need to be changed often to spark more interest and help make chores fun.
I got this idea off my friend Tiffany's blog, but we changed it a bit to fit our kids ages. This is how the reward system works. My children each have three tasks a day that they have to do. 1. Bedroom clean (includes making bed), 2.Read, and 3. we rotate between three other chores. (Daisy our dog, trash, dishwasher) . Each day our children do all three of their tasks they earn one dollar from the Neider Bank. Every Monday night after family night they will have the chance to go to the Neider Store and spend the money they have earned throughout the week. I went to the dollar store and got tons of little things that I knew they would be excited about. We priced all the items and we also put for sale things like "A Date with Daddy". The date with Dad is $14, so they would have to save for two weeks straight to earn a big reward like that. What I am excited about with this reward system is that we are also going to reward the kids with extra dollars if we see them doing something good . We can also take dollars away if they don't do what they are supposed to.
To get the girls excited, we gave them all 7 dollars last night and let them go to the store. They had a blast. It was funny to watch them decide if they were going to spend all their money or save. They all ended up spending some and saving some. I hope this works out well because everyone in our house can agree that they are tired of me saying, "I'm not a live in maid!"
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
your girls were telling me all about this today. They are so excited about it! They had to restrain Gracie from going to shop at the store! Anyway, based on their reactions, I think it will be a hit!!
I'm so glad you are trying this. I have yet to get motivated in doing so, but plan to since I am the one that suggested it lol. Keep us posted on how it works out.
That is a great idea Cuz! I wonder if it will work with husbands.... hmmm...
Post a Comment