Every year Margo (my Mother-in-law) brings us a big box of potatoes straight from her Aunt and Uncles Farm. They are the greatest!!! There is nothing better than an Idaho Potato. It's hard to tell from the picture, but these potatoes are huge. We will enjoy these all winter long. Tonight I made my favorite potato soup recipe. My family loves this and it's always a hit!!! I got this recipe years ago from my sister-in-law, Virginia. Thanks VA. This is a regular at our house in the winter.
Baked Potato Soup
4-5 Large Potatoes
2/3 c. butter
2/3 c. flour
1 ½ quarts milk
1 c. sour cream
2 c. crumbled bacon
5 oz. grated cheddar cheese
3 green onions (if desired)
salt & pepper
Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake potatoes until tender. Melt butter in a saucepan. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Gradually add milk to the butter flour mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly. Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the centers and set aside. Chop half the potato peels and discard the remainder. When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potatoes. Add green onion and potato peels (if desired). Whisk well, add sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese a little bit at a time until it’s melted.
4-5 Large Potatoes
2/3 c. butter
2/3 c. flour
1 ½ quarts milk
1 c. sour cream
2 c. crumbled bacon
5 oz. grated cheddar cheese
3 green onions (if desired)
salt & pepper
Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake potatoes until tender. Melt butter in a saucepan. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Gradually add milk to the butter flour mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly. Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the centers and set aside. Chop half the potato peels and discard the remainder. When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potatoes. Add green onion and potato peels (if desired). Whisk well, add sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese a little bit at a time until it’s melted.

3 comments:
Thanks for the recipe I actually needed a good bake potatoe soup recipe. Sounds like Halloween was fun for you guys. Hannah Montana.. so we were in SLC last weekend did you guys have the Hannah Montana words written all over your car? They were all over on the way home!!! Can't wait to hear about Hannah!!
Yipee a new recipe. Thanks. I'm printing this out right now. I need to go pick up a box of potatoes. I get so tired of the little tiny ones sold in the bags at the store. Your girls looked darling on halloween and I liked your spooky costume too. If you hadn't talked to me at the school, I probably wouldn't have known it was you.
Mmmm.. this recipe sounds so good! Thanks, I'm going to save it!
Post a Comment