Saturday, October 20, 2007

Crazy Busy Week!!!!

Quads

This week has been so busy. We had fun early in the week watching the girls friend Brooklin for a few days while her parents went to Vegas. It was quite interesting feeling like we had quads. Doing four little girls hair and getting these divas ready for school in the morning was quite the challenge, but it was really fun. Brooklin was so good and we sure enjoyed having her. We generally have a no friends sleepover rule. This exception to the rule was a nice treat for the girls.



Activity Day Halloween Party

Wednesday afternoon I got to host a dress up Halloween party for 10 little girls. Wow was this a blast. We had some pretty creative costumes. We had a zombie, tootsie roll, witch, pirate, princess, cheerleader and some other great costumes. I dressed up as a witch and did a fun witches brew with dried ice and rootbeer. I put plastic bugs and spider rings and gummy worms in my witches brew. The kids thought that was pretty cool. We also had contests where the girls ate donuts from a string. That was exciting, especially since the weather didn't permit us to do it outside. My kitchen floor was pretty sticky. It was a great party and I think the kids had a fun time.



Surprise Trip To The Cabin

When Donevan got home from work Thursday night, I surprised him and had packed the bags and took him to his parents cabin. He was really excited. The girls slept at Grandma and Grandpas house and they got them to school on Friday. The cabin looked great. It was the first time I had seen the finished addition done on it. The new carpet was so pretty and made it so cozy. We love the cabin and it's such a treat to be able to escape to it.



Birthday Dinner/Surprise Party

Friday night the kids and I took Donevan to his favorite restaurant, The Sandpiper. We had a nice meal, but my stomach was in knots because while we were at dinner, friends were gathering at our house for a surprise party for Donevan. I was nervous about the timing of the party all working out and getting Donevan back home.
I had not told the girls yet about the surprise party. They aren't very good about keeping surprises. So as we were leaving, I took them into the bathroom and told them about the party. I didn't want them to freak out when they opened the door and there was a house full of people scraming "surprise". The girls could barely contain themselves from talking about it in the car ride from the restaurant to home. But, they did good and didn't ruin the surprise.
When we walked in the front door, everyone yelled "Surprise". Donevan was taken back and totally surprised. He had NO idea. My living room and kitchen were crammed pack with people. I was really happy with the turnout. There is nothing worse than planning a party and having no one show up. That wasn't a problem in this case.
I had gathered a lot of Donevan's old childhood items for people to look at and they were hilarious. We laughed as we looked at old report cards, childhood journals, team pictures, school dance pictures, family pictures, etc. Thanks to everyone who made it a special night. Donevan really enjoyed himself.

Saturday

Today was supposed to be our last Soccer game of the season. We were also hosting a pizza party at our house afterwards. (If you can't tell from my week, I love hosting parties) We woke up to rain and cold weather. The game was cancelled and rescheduled for Tuesday. So, we moved the pizza party to after the game. This gives me a few days to recover before having another party.

6 comments:

Shelly B. said...

We are sooo sooo sooo sad that we missed the party last night. I'm so glad you had a good turnout and that it really was a surprise! You are a fun little wife! ;)

Tiffany B said...

The party last night was fun. Thanks for hosting such a great get together.

Emily said...

Wow, you did have a busy week. You deserve to relax today!!!

Hilary said...

You are a fun wife! I'm sorry we were sick and missed out! I knew you would have a good turnout. You two are well loved. Glad it turned out so good!

Your week was BUSY! Fun busy!

Me - Jen said...

I am bummed we weren't there. I heard through the grapevine that you had a huge turnout and it was really fun. Thanks for thinking of us across the state and inviting us. You need to take a rest this week girl!!

Donevan said...

Thanks for making my birthday so special. I had no idea about the surprise party and it was very evident by my reaction and the look on my face. Christine you spoiled me thoroughly and I loved every minute of it. You put a lot of time and effort into making me feel loved. The best part of loving you is knowing how much I am loved back.