Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Halloween was a blast. It's always so fun to watch the kids enjoy this day. I do remember the feeling and excitement of it all. This year we had a puppy, Hannah Montana, a witch and a ghost.

The girls woke up early this morning to get their costumes on and look perfect for school. I could barely get them to eat breakfast, they were so excited to get to the bus stop. I don't ever remember being able to dress in costumes to grade school. Maybe my memory is failing me, which is quite possible. I'm glad their school allows them to. They love it.

They had a parade at their school and they circled around the halls waving at parents and teachers. It was so cute. Each child feels so special. Then they had a class party the last hour of class. It was a great party with lots of fun activites planned. Great job Jana and Hilary. At the end of the party I did my witches brew with the dried ice. We put in the ingredients in the brew and then I had them close their eyes and while everyones eyes are closed, I put in the dried ice. Their faces were totally amazed when they saw the smoke and bubbles coming out of the brew. The kids seemed to love it.

After school we rushed to Donevan's work to show off the costumes and trick or treat to his secretaries. As always, they were spoiled there too. Then we rushed home to get ready for the girls TaVaci Singing group. They were having practice to get ready for their holiday concert and a little Halloween party. They had a great time there.

After they got home from singing, we hurried and ate some yummy baked potato soup. Then it was off to Trick or Treat. We let the girls go around the cul-de-sac and to a few neighbors by themselves. They were really excited about this and felt big. Then it started getting dark and I drove them around to some friends houses that they wanted to go to. We ended up in a neighborhood where it seemed like every house was giving away big candy bars. We will for sure remember them next year.

Finally they got tired and decided that they wanted to join Dad and D.J. at home to pass out candy. By the time we got home it was late and time for showers and bed. Wow, what a day!!!

They couldn't go to bed without laying out all the candy and sorting it. I can remember doing this every year as a child. We would sort it and put every different kind in different baggies. It was so much fun. The best thing about being a parent is we get to go through the candy and pick out the best stuff for us!!!

Now everyone is in bed asleep and Halloween of 2007 is almost over. What a great day!!! Can't wait until next year. Having kids is so much fun!

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a fun day. Your kids costumes were great!