Tuesday, November 20, 2007

When Multi-tasking Goes Bad!!!

















I am such a multi-tasker. I feel like I am always doing 10 things at once. Whenever I only want to focus on one thing, I have to tell myself, this is what I am doing right now, focus and don't wander to something else. So today I was multitasking. I was unloading the dishwasher, talking on the phone, feeding D.J. lunch, starting on a grocery list and probably 5 other things I can't think of. Anyway, D.J. started fussing and rubbing his eyes so I knew he was ready for his nap. I took him to his room and put him to bed like I usually do. I closed the door and didn't hear any crying or anything. I thought, wow he's really tired, he's going straight down. Then I went on with the other 5 things I was doing. About 20 mins. later I heard giggling from his room. I couldn't believe he wasn't asleep yet. So, I peeked my head in the door and was blinded by the bright light that I hadn't turned off. My poor child was supposed to fall asleep with light shinning in his eyes. That's aint happening he was saying. So, I laughed at myself, turned OFF the light and he was out seconds later.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I have been terrible with comments lately, but just wanted you to know I love all your recent posts!

Me - Jen said...

You make me laugh. Have a wonderful turkey and have fun with all yoru family

Tiffany B said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! When you learn how to not multi-task, could you let me know. I have the same problem.

Hilary said...

he's so smiley and cute!!