Monday, November 26, 2007

Tooth Fairy!!!



The other day was one of those days when I felt like the worst parent. I forgot to be the Tooth Fairy. Caitley had lost a tooth and was so excited about it. She hasn't lost that many teeth compared to her sisters and was jumping with excitement about getting her $2. Caitley was sleeping on the floor next to my bed this night because my sister was in town and staying in Caitley's room. I woke up to the sounds of Caitley opening the container that her tooth was in and then with disappointment saying, "She didn't come". My heart sunk. I felt so horrible. How does a mom forget to be the Tooth Fairy? So, I had to quickly come up with a Mommy Lie. You know one of those lies that you just have to tell, but they don't really count as a lie. So I said," We must have gone to bed too late last night and she was already asleep." That was a good enough excuse for her and she was happy again. So that night, she was the first to fall asleep in hopes that the Tooth Fairy would come. She did and all is well in Tooth Fairy Land.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That same thing happened to me when I was 7 years old!! I'm sure that I am bound to make the same oops with my own kids someday... Good thing that kids are so forgiving!

Hilary said...

so glad to know you're not SUPER MOM! ;o) I love the explanation of Mommy Lies... so true, so true.

Gracie STILL hasn't lost a tooth yet! I can't wait for the tooth fairy times! (and I know I'll forget too!)

Me - Jen said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your tooth fairy is doing TRIPLE time. With triplets your tooth fairy is working triple time compared to the rest of us. Sounds like your mommy lie worked out just fine.!

Lyf2.0 said...

Wait a sec... YOU'RE the TF? I am so confused...

Anonymous said...

$2???
WOW....I used to get .50 U guys have one nice and rich TF over there!!