Sunday, November 18, 2007

Does Anyone Have Any Advice?

So Caitley was doing great pretty much all evening yesterday. Then she woke up around 9pm with horrible stomach pains again. She was screaming and crying. When the ER Dr. discharged her yesterday he said to come back in 8-10 hrs. if the pain continued.(then he would consider doing a CT scan) So, as much pain as she was in, I loaded her up and rushed her to the ER. I had to pull over on the way because she got sick and was throwing up. I think the pain is so bad that it makes her nauseous. When I walked into the ER it was very crowded. They told me the wait would be atleast 3-4 hours just to get in a room. I wasn't going to sit there and wait when I live 5 mins away. So, I got their phone number and went home. I figured I would go back when the rush died down. She was in pain for about another hour at home and then fell asleep. She slept all night and has been perfectly fine all morning. So, we are on day 9 of this and we have gotten no answers. She's fine, then she'd doubled over for 2 hour in pain, she's fine, and the process just keeps going and going. Hopefully this is just a viral thing that will go away on it's own. It is just heartbreaking when your child is in so much pain and you have no answers as to why. If anyone has any advice or has had any similar experiences, please let me know.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

ask Jen Johnson.... remember when she was so sick in February?? It was something in her intestine lining or something... and she was in a LOT of pain. Maybe this is it?

I'm so sorry... :O( I can't imagine how scared adn worried you are.

Me - Jen said...

Yes I was sick, even drove me-self to the ER one night. The pain was so bad. I ended up having an infection in the lining of the intestines, had to ride it out. I would wait until tomorrow morning and go and see her doctor. Adam was in the hospital a couple of summers ago and we vowed we would never go to insta cares and ER's only because they don't know you, new doctor everytime and he doesn't know the history. Just seeing your own doctor and knowing and trusting his decisions make a huge difference. A prayer and a blessing??? Good luck I hope she turns around and I sorry you have to go through this, keep us posted.

Shelly B. said...

Oh man, I wish I could help you "diagnose" her! I sure hope she is better soon. 9 days...man, that's miserable!