A few weeks ago I went to put on my favorite necklace and it wasn't in my jewlery box. This is a three diamond necklace that Donevan gave me a few years ago after the triplets were born. I love this necklace and I wear it all the time. I am very careful with it and always put it in my jewlery box. So, I figured either one of my girls had gotten it out and lost it or it fell off when I was wearing it and I didn't realize it. I searched my house up and down and couldn't find it anywhere. I drilled my kids and they promised they never touched it. I was losing sleep at the thought of my necklace being lost.
So on our little Anniversary Date this weekend, Donevan presented me with a little box. I opened it and to my surprise, he had 2 more diamonds added to the (missing) necklace to make 5 total. One diamond to represent each of our children. You may be wondering....5....they don't have 5. Well, yes this is my announcement. We are expecting. We are very excited and expect to have the baby the end of Oct. beginning of Nov. We have had an ultrasound and it's for sure 1 baby. We are so excited for DJ to have a little Buddy. We will find out in 6 weeks or so if it's a girl or a boy. That will be my next poll on my blog.
If you are a loyal reader of my blog, you may have wondered why I haven't been blogging that much the last few months. Well here's my answer for you. I have been really sick. I am barely leaving my house these days. I haven't gone to the grocery store in weeks. I can't handle the food, smells, etc. I can't iron Donevan's shirts because the smell of the steam makes me sick. The idea of cleaning....ewww! I'm usually screaming turn the channel on commercials that have anything to do with food. So, my life is affected a lot. ...and my family is so wonderful for understanding that Mom's not herself. My girls are so wonderful. They make me toast and bring me water every morning in bed. I then take my nausea medicine and have to lay in bed for 20 mins. or so before I can get up. If I do this, I can usually have a pretty good day. (meaning limited throwing up). We feel truely blessed and are so excited for the addition to our family. I'll Keep you all posted!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
Fabulous news!!!! Congratulations! Too bad you and Nicole aren't closer, you could share a throw up bucket...
Congrats. I am glad your necklace showed up and improved too.
Cute necklace story. He can be nice can't he? J/K. Congrats to you guys. How exciting. WOW 5 kids!! I wish I could help with your kids while you have those sick days, you could always stick them on a plane. Good luck and CONGRATS!!
Your necklace is beautiful and I am so excited for your upcoming addition to your family!
Yay! You guys have such darling kids you should have 5 more! ;) No really, I am so very happy for you!
We love Neider babies!
We are so excited for you and your family. I'm sure the girls are just thrilled with the idea of another baby in the home to love! :)
You forgot to mention that you've saved alot on gas because you haven't been leaving home much!
Your necklace is beautiful.
We are all excited about the baby. Kenny and I vote that we think it's a girl! Grandpa thinks he saw her in a dream - with brown eyes! So we'll see!
Christine, so awesome!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to find out what you're having!! Hope you start feeling better!!
Congratulations!!! I am so exited for you all! I too had terrible morning sickness with my little one and boy oh boy, I feel for anyone who goes through it. Hoping that you get through it well and fast!!!
What a sweet hubby! I loved the comment about being glad it is only one baby. I would feel the same way.
Congrats!! I am so happy for you! I hope that we can all get together when you come visit VA this summer!
Glad your necklace wasn't really lost. But so sorry you have been that sick. Hopefully it won't last too long. Let us know if you need anything, please.
WoooHooo! WE are so excited for you guys. What a bummer that you have to get so sick to get these babies here, darnit! You are the cutest little Mama, and your kids are so great, you need at least 3 more....right? Bringin it back!
What a great surprise. Both the necklace and the babe. Although I knew about the babe. wink wink. I love jewelry surprises. What a nice husband you have. I will definately call you when I get back and we'll go to lunch. Luckily the plane ride here wasn't too bad. We did have to sit on the plane for 1 hour and then they made us get off the plane for 1 hour while they fixed a problem. We had a ton of people offer to help carry a baby or a bag. A nice lady held Maxwell while he slept for the whole flight. That sure helped but I still was exhausted by the end of the day. Hopefully coming home we wont have to haul our stuff on and off the plane again. Good luck with being sick. At the time it seems that it will never come to an end, but thankfully it will.
Woo,woo,woo,woo,woo! (That was a cheer if you couldn't tell.) I am so happy for you. Sorry you're sick. Yuck.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I am glad to hear those three adorable daughters are taking such good care of you. I still remember severe morning sickness too....all you had to say was the word 'hamburger' and I lost it all. Take care....the house cleaning will still be there etc. The morning sickness is well worth it. Love the necklace story. I want to see it next time I visit. Take care and can't wait to hear the verdict of WHAT you two are having.....any thoughts on that? Good luck friend!
congrats!! great news! hopefully i will see you at some point during the pregnancy - i feel like every time I have seen you since hs you have been preggo :-)
when are you due? i am due w/ #1 on 10/25!
meghan
WOOOHOOO!!! Congratulations!
Hope you start feeling better!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you but also feel bad that you get so sick. Hang in there! Wow-5 is awesome! I'm getting baby hungry for the 4th but Jim will have nothing to do with it for another year or two.
I hope it's a boy for DJ's sake, but I hope it' a girl so I can pass along some of Ginny's wardrobe. She has enough darling things to clothe three babies- too bad the triplets came first! Congrats!
YEAH! CONGRATS! I am soooo happy for you. I remember talking with your mom at church a few years back and asked her if she though you would be having any more children. She was soooooo adorable and sensitive about the troubles you had when you delivered the triplets and how blessed you were to have 3 and didn't know if there would be more. It was really sweet.
I am truly amazed at your committment to have more chidren. DJ is sooo stinkin cute, your girls are beautiful and I am sure this next one will fit right in with the rest. My neighbor had a rough pregnancy and I was the one she called when she struggled taking care of her daughter. I wish I was there to help you get through it. CONGRATS!
So happy for you! Love the necklace story! And Hoorah for nausea meds!
Post a Comment