Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Little Rambling!

This morning Donevan called from work to say he was looking at the Smith's Grocery Ad and was telling me all the great deals. At first, I was very interested but quickly realized that it's before noon and any talk of food isn't a good idea. I quickly hung up and sprinted to the bathroom. Luckily, I made it in time. So today isn't starting off to be such a great day. Oh well! On a positive note, I have been feeling a little bit better. My mornings are still hard and my evenings are too. So, I do have a few hours in the afternoon that I feel half way decent. I can't believe how many nice things my friends and neighbors have done for me since I have been so sick.....dinners, snacks, drinks, watching kids, even laundry. Thank you everyone! I have great friends and family!

About 6 weeks ago my girlfriend Andrea walked into my house and looked around at the piles of dirty laundry, stacks of dishes, random things all over the house and said with sympathy, "Oh, Christine, I am so sorry". I'm sure the fact that it was the middle of the afternoon, I was still in PJ's, no makeup, hair a mess also added to her sympathy. I actually started locking one of my bathrooms because it was so dirty and I didn't want anyone to use it and there was no way I was in the state of mind to be able to clean it. I had hit my breaking point. My home was close to being hazardous. I picked up the phone and called a cleaning lady. I felt guilty for about half a second and then rejoiced that help was on it's way. I have been feeling so much better mentally ever since she's been coming and my family is happier too.

Donevan has helped as much as he can with trips to the grocery store. and other errands. His 50 hour work weeks among countless hours of service for others and coaching soccer doesn't leave much time for anything else. I forget most days how stressful and draining his job must be because he is so good about leaving work at work. I don't know how he does it, but some how he is always thinking of others. Yesterday he went and put weed killer all over some ones lawn for them because dandelions had overtaken their yard. He's such a good Husband, Dad, neighbor, friend, EQ Pres., Therapist, Michigan Fan(I had to include that), etc.! I am so lucky!

I am looking forward to the end of school next week! Yeah! No more homework and doing hair at 8am. I think the nice weather and having the girls home will help me to feel better. There is a mental part of being sick and whenever I am forced to go somewhere or do something, I always feel better. I am looking forward to a summer that is far less structured than our school year. No ballet, No singing. We even decided to not do baseball this summer. The thought of being in the hot sun 2 games a week was not an option during this pregnancy. Sorry girls! Instead they are doing a gymnastics/cheerleading class once a week. That's enough structure for the summer, right? The rest of our time we will spend at the pool, camping, and just good old fashioned playing outside with friends.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a fabulous summer. (that kind of sounds like a farewell post, it's not. I'll be back, I just can't guarantee when. ) Much love, Christine

GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

FastBreak said...

christine, I hope you continue to feel better.

FastBreak said...

I was thinking of you a couple of weeks ago. I ran a 10k on April 5 and just fell off the wagon after that and was drinking ALOT of Coke. Man its good. (hope this doesn't make you puke) Anyway, Sam was saving cans to make a "spy-alarm" in his room, he greets me in the morning with a cold coke from the fridge and says "drink this, drink it now, i need more cans"...it was so funny, I was like...ahhhh support of my addiction, so great...can't believe you are out of school soon, ours drags out til the middle of June, stinger. Later, G

Donevan said...

we have a house cleaner?

Skylette said...

LOL, okay, Donevan's comment literally made me laugh out loud to myself. I hope you can get through the not so fun part of pregnancy soon. Was it this way with the girls and baby Donevan?

Emily said...

Thanks for the update. Yea Summer is here!

Amber said...

It is so nice to have such a great husband! Those of us that do are very lucky. I hope summer can be a great time for you and your adorable kids.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got some one to help out around the house. It is the best luxury EVER as fas as I am concerned ( and at times, such as now for you, more a necessity than luxury) Your blog is helping me to remember why I SO DON'T WANT TO BE PREGNANT AGAIN!!! Thanks for the reminder! Can't wait to play in July!