Well this is putting me in gear to stock up and be more frugal with my shopping. Last summer as I was talking with someone about food storage and how I needed to work on it, she said something that has stuck with me since. She said that she could handle a natural disaster, etc. and not being able to eat, but to think about having to watch her children starve is enough to make sure that she was ready for anything that comes her way. That really struck me. Ever since, I have been trying to stockpile and be more prepared in all areas. It seems like more and more these days there are so many disasters striking and no one is prepared. And with our economy the way it's heading, who know's what's in store for our future?
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Stocking Up!
Well this is putting me in gear to stock up and be more frugal with my shopping. Last summer as I was talking with someone about food storage and how I needed to work on it, she said something that has stuck with me since. She said that she could handle a natural disaster, etc. and not being able to eat, but to think about having to watch her children starve is enough to make sure that she was ready for anything that comes her way. That really struck me. Ever since, I have been trying to stockpile and be more prepared in all areas. It seems like more and more these days there are so many disasters striking and no one is prepared. And with our economy the way it's heading, who know's what's in store for our future?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Looking Good!!!! Let's keep motivating each other to save $$$ and work on food storage.
Be sure to stock up on a can opener or two...
p.s. I LOVE your kitchen! Wowie!
That was a great post about food storage. I have been stressing about getting caught up-if that is ever possible! I love what your friend said about her children- that hits the heart!
Food storage, what in the world is that? Good for you, keep motivated and fill that pantry of yours.
I wanted to go to that!!!!! I didn't make it. I also wanted to call Broulim's and somehow get on their mailing list for the next time they do a case lot sale! If you/anyone knows when they do it agiain, keep me posted!
Good Job Ladies!
Every little bit helps. We have been lucky, Matt's parents give food storage every few years for Christmas presents. It does feel really good to have a full pantry. The world is becoming something that we can't take for granted anymore. We actually have to grow up ourselves and turn into a survival mode. Now the key it to rotate it and make sure it gets used and replaced. I have a neighbor who has a list of what she has and every time they use something from the food storage they write it down and then replace it. Now that is diligence. I can only hope that my life could be that organized. Thanks for the nice compliments on my blog. You are right up there for mother of the year. Multiples are a whole different world. A world where we can't compare ourselves to the rest of society for what we can't do or keep up with, as much as we would like to. Way to go!
Next time you hear about something like that let me know!!! I've been saving $100.00 a month just for Something like that!
Great Post! Ironically, Travis and I are going to do a HUGE shopping spree for more food storage tomorrow. So far we have 6 mo. for the family, now we need to get to the year mark!
I love the motivation behind not having food for your kids. I'll have to pass that concept along.
We are also working on our food storage this week! I don't know what it is, but we are just feeling really prompted to get it done!! Kinda creepin me out! Way to go on getting yours done. We might be calling you for advice.
Good girl. You are a great example. I think it is always good to be reminded and to keep working on food storage.
Are you still putting away all that food storage? Is that why you haven't been blogging? I've missed your posts!
Post a Comment