Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What? No School

I woke up this morning to my friend Andrea calling to tell me that school had been cancelled due to the wind chill temp of -25. Thank you thank you for calling. We never turn the TV on in the morning and my girls would have been standing out in the freezing weather waiting for the bus to come. My girls love school and when I told them it was cancelled they were all disappointed.

In my younger years I remember everytime we even heard to sound "chance of snow" we were contemplating not doing our homework in the hopes that school would be cancelled. And in Virginia where I grew up, it usually was cancelled. If there was even a slight bit of snow, we would go to school late. That was great! If there was a little bit more than a slight bit of snow then it was cancelled. My point being that we missed a lot of school because of a little bit of snow. I used to love a good snow day!

I told my girls that this could be there only chance of having school cancelled. They never cancel school here. Today we spent the morning being lazy and staying in our PJ's until noon. It's too cold to play outside and our cable was out all morning. We were pretty bored. Then the girls called their Grandma Margo to see if they could go to her house to play. Now that the girls know their Grandma's phone number by heart, she might be getting a few more phone calls a day. They spent the afternoon having a tea party with her. It's fun to have Grandma Margo live close by.

It's bitter cold out and it hurts to even go outside. I am grateful for a garage and my gas fireplace. How long until Spring?

3 comments:

Tiffany B said...

Fun to read up on you. Just read all 3 posts. I'm glad they had school today. Carson was actually crying out of sheer boredom by 5:00 yesterday. He actually was glad to go back to school today.

Lyf2.0 said...

Wow! That is nuts!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christine, what are "windshield" temperatures? Is that what its called in ID? Here in VA we call it "wind-chill"...love ya sis