Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ashleigh's Temptation

The other day after school all the neighbor kids and Brittany and Caitley came running in my house saying that Ashleigh didn't get off the bus. Brittany and Caitley were really upset and on the verge of tears. I confirmed that she was actually on the bus with them and that she hadn't missed it. They said she was sitting with her friend Morgan doing homework and must have not seen our stop. So, I jumped in my car to see if she had gotten off at the next stop. Knowing my dramatic Ashleigh, I thought I would pull up to the stop and see her crying and scared, especially without her sisters. I pulled up to the bus stop and didn't see her anywhere. I asked a few other children who knew her and they said she was in her friend Morgan's house. So, I knocked and found her with her backpack and jacket off and cozy in their house having a snack. I asked, "What happened?" She quickly said,"I missed the bus stop because I wasn't paying attention". After a few minutes I realised that if this were truly the case, I would have found her in tears and upset. So, I asked her, "Ashleigh, did you really miss the bus stop or did you just want to go to Morgan's house?" She quickly started giggling and said, "I was just so tempted, I couldn't handle it. Morgan and I decided that if I didn't get off I could go play at here house." I couldn't stop laughing, but of course tried to let her know how important it was that she didn't do this again. What makes this story so funny to us is how completely out of character this is for Ashleigh. I could see Brittany doing this in a heartbeat, but not Ashleigh.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

so funny!!! Isn't it amazing how sneaky they are... but the guilt consumes them? Gracie did some potty joke at school today and was nervous to tell me... but finally did and I'm just so happy/thankful that for now, anyway, they'll talk and divulge things!! Hopefully it lasts!

Cute story!