Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wish You Were Here!

We made it to San Diego this morning! It's so beautiful here, we love it. Donevan has a business conference he was invited to attend and Emma and I are tagging along. We had no idea how nice this resort we are staying at would be. Our room is on the water. This is the view inside and outside our room. Brittany told Grandma Margo that "Daddy would be in meetings all day and Mommy and Emma would be stuck in the hotel room all day." I don't mind being stuck here at all. I wish we could have brought the girls. We are right across from Sea World. But, we are grateful for our little getaway and thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Neider for watching D and the triplets for us.
We landed around 11am and Donevan didn't have to attend the conference until the late afternoon so we took advantage of siteseeing San Diego a little bit. We drove to see the LDS Temple which is beautiful. We just enjoyed the sunshine and scenery. The palm trees here are so amazing. The smell of the beach is my FAVORITE thing ever.


We enjoyed lunch on the water at our resort. 2 more days of paradise. Tonight we are going to hit one of the 5 pools on the resort grounds and walk on the beach. Emma has been an angel!



Wish You Were Here!

7 comments:

Chereebee said...

FUN FUN FUN!!!! Looks like you are having a great time!! I'm so glad you got to go too! Can't wait to hear about it when you get home! :)

Heather Payne said...

Wow! What a great little get-away! Hope you guys have a blast! San Diego is one of my favorite places in CA. I'm sure it's a little warmer than I.F. these days! Sam has to do a Flat Stanley thing for school and wanted to send him to your girls in I.F. We should have sent him sooner and he could have gone to San Diego, too! Wish I could be a Flat Stanley and sneak along in the luggage!

Emily said...

You are right...that looks absolutely amazing and gorgeous. Your room is so nice. I am so glad you made it and are having a fabulous time. I can't wait to hear all the details. Enjoy every minute of your getaway!

Shelly B. said...

Oh my! It is gorgeous! I am so glad you are having fun! Enjoy your quiet time with Emma and the sunshine! We are all jealous!

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

The girls think it looks like you are having a great time. Guess they'll quit feeling sorry for you being stuck in the motel!!
We really miss you and are a little jealous, but we've had fun at the cabin with Grandma and also with the BYUI kids for breakfast this morning! We're going to church in Rexburg with the BYUI kids tomorrow. See you tomorrow afternoon. We love you! ABCD & Grandma and Grandpa

Hilary said...

wow! Looks gorgeous! What a fun getaway! Keep soaking in that peaceful quiet! ;o)

Brad and Ann said...

Miss you! Am I still in trouble? When you get over it, call me:)I am so glad to hear that you got to enjoy a getaway. I hope all is well at home, I only miss it when I think about the people like you that I wish could be in my life every day. Too bad you are such a cool person. Tell the girls that I say hello!