Monday, March 2, 2009

Kit Is Finally Here!

Caitley has been waiting for her American Girl Doll "KIT" to arrive. She sat in the office watching for the UPS guy all day. She saved for this doll for a few months now. Her Grandma said that if Caitley would save for 1/2 the doll then she would pay for the other 1/2. So for the last few months Caitley has been doing everything she could to earn money for Kit. She babysat, changed diapers, took the trash out, unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned baseboards, dusted, etc. She even helped clean Grandpa's office to earn money. She had many opportunities to spend this well earned money the last few months, but wouldn't even touch her money because she was saving for Kit and Kit only. If we went to the store and I told the girls to bring their money for a treat, she would pass on a treat. She didn't even complain or get jelous when her sisters bought something, she was just so matter of fact about it. She was getting this Doll. So, we are so proud of Caitley for earning her money and I know she will take such good care of Kit and love her even more now that she has paid for her. Thanks to Grandma Margo for helping with the doll and teaching Caitley how to earn money for special things.


If you want a good tear jerker of a movie, rent the Kit Kitridge American Girl Movie. It was really good! I was expecting a low budget kind of a movie, but it was not at all. Chris O'Donnel plays her Dad. Donevan and I were shocked to realize that we are old enough to see Chris O'Donnel play a Dad in a movie. Then we realized we have little girls almost Kit's age and that freaked us out even more.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Way to go for saving her money, what a dedicated girl!

virginia said...

I am so proud of Caitley! I am going to have my boys both read this so that they will see that is she can do, we can do it. No more free rides for my guys at the LEGO store! Thanks for setting a good example for your cousins and working hard Caitley! Have fun with KIt!

Skylette said...

So cute, and I can't believe how much the doll even looks like Caitley!

Hilary said...

so SO cute! Yay for Caitley & Kit!!!

Chereebee said...

hooray for Caitley!! And hooray for cute Margo for a grandma!! :)

Emily said...

I love these pictures of Caitley! She looks so excited to have her doll. I hope you had a fun time celebrating DJ's birthday. I am sad we weren't there to wish him a happy day!

Amber said...

You must be so proud of her discipline! I still have & love my 'Samantha' American girl doll. How fun! And that Tinkerbell party looks so cute.

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

Grandma is proud of Caitley too. She's a good example to all of us. It's a darling doll for a darling girl. Watching her be so determined has been pretty amazing. Her sisters are giving it serious consideration now too!

The "Burbwalds" said...

She looks like you!!! Sounds like you're doing an excellent job at this parenting thing!