Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday DJ!

When I look at this little guys brown eyes, my heart melts. I love him so much and I can't believe it's been 2 years since the day he was born. Wow, time flies. I know that he has such a special place in our hearts because we really didn't think we would be able to have any more children after my complications with the triplets. So, to have him is such a blessing. Then to top it all off, he's our only boy, so he is spoiled!!!! At one point a few months ago we walked in the room and Ashleigh had him wrapped in a blaket and was holding him, Caitley was feeding him and Brittany was rubbing his feet. Can you say spoiled!!! Now with a little sister too, we're sure he'll make a good husband one day.

His birthday party was really fun. We had Grandma Margo and Grandpa Kenny over and just had a little family party. He loves Handy Manny on the Disney Channel and is really into tools so he got some fun Manny toys and a new bike! He's been having fun banging up my cabinets and scratching my stainless fridge with it riding on the tile! :) I know he's going to get a lot of mileage on that in the cul-de-sac this summer.





I was reading in a parenting magazine the other day that everyone always talks about how bad the terrible two's are, but really it's the year between 1 and 2 that is so hard. I hope this is true. Boys are so different than girls and you don't understand it until you live it. DJ has so much energy and is curious about everything. I have my fingers crossed that the making messes stage is behind us. I can definietely see in the last few months how much he has grown up. He's talking in little sentences now and understanding right from wrong. DJ loves life and is so fun to be around. He makes everyone around him smile because he is always so happy. We love him so much and he brings us so much joy. Happy Birthday little D, we love ya! On to potty-training!!!

9 comments:

Jen said...

He is such a handsome little dude! I wish we lived closer, he and Jacob are only a few weeks apart in age.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday little guy! He really is one cute kid! Love the trike! Sounds like a fun little party. We're doing the same thing this next weekend with family- Carter will be 2!! Where does the time go??

Emily said...

It was so fun to hear him talking today outside! He is adorable and he is such a fun part of your family. I hope DJ and Crew become great friends!

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

What a blessing this little guy is. But a busy blessing! Love him so much@@!

virginia said...

My fingers are still crossed about my 8 & 6 year old boy messes :)

Skylette said...

Gosh, you had just had him when we moved into the ward, now he's TWO!?!?! He is definitely all boy, no doubt about that - but a cute one at that!

Hilary said...

He is just the cutest. Mike thinks he's the cutest boy EVER. He loves his smile. I'm glad that he had a fun birthday. Him and Ella should get together to play Handy Manny!

Chereebee said...

oh he seriously is too dang cute! Looks like he had a fun handy manny party!! :)

Unknown said...

I have to agree about the year between 1 and 2 being hard, but I'm not holding my breathe yet that this next year will be easier. It was with the girls, but I have a feeling and have been told by many that boys are different and don't get better until 3 or 4...yikes. We'll have to see. I hope you are right :)