We had a very fun and busy week. After getting home from our Memorial Weekend Camping Trip, I did about 20 loads of laundry, cleaned dozens of dirty shoes, cleaned out the trailer, and packed again for another trip. We traveled down to Utah for my niece Megan's Graduation from H.S. Donevan wasn't able to go (someone has to work to pay for all these trips). He was very disappointed to miss Megan's big day. It was very exciting to see Megan all grown up and looking forward to her college plans. She got some wonderful gifts including luggage from both sets of grandparents, a laptop from her parents and their family is off to Cancun next week. (I am so jealous) Congratulations Megan! We are so proud of you!
I got home late Friday night from Utah. Saturday morning we had a soccer game. It was the teams first loss. Donevan took it well. He is very emotionally invested in these kids. So cute! We spent the rest of the day working in the yard. We put the waterslide up and had all the neighborhood kids over again. So fun- love it! Donevan mowed the lawn while I worked in the flower beds. I got new soil pep and freshened up my beds a little bit. It's amazing how much better they look with the dark soil. Last year at the end of summer, I brought my big geranium pots in and have watered them all winter long. They got really huge and are starting to blossom. They were looking great until I took them outside yesterday. I hope they make it. They are so big and pretty, but I think they are in total shock with the heat.
Today has been a wonderful Sunday. We have had a relaxing morning and the girls watched D.J. so that I could sleep in. We'll go to church this afternoon and come home and BBQ dinner. This week is a super busy one for us. The girls have their big ballet productions Fri. and Sat. evenings. The have dress rehearsals and tech rehearsals every other evening this week. They are also looking forward to their new cheerleading/gymnastics class they start on Tuesday. I'm off for now, I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Fun and exciting stuff. I had no idea geraniums could continue if brought in like that. Any other gardening secrets I should know? I love gardening in my flower beds too.
I loved the days when all the neighborhood children would play. Those are the best memroies... summer days!
Holy cow Christine, I thought I was busy! You're a crazy lady with lots going on! Sounds like fun, but I'd rather be out watersliding with the kids...... :) ya right!
Your flower beds look great! It's a lot of work, I know!
Sheesh! your post made me tired just reading it! You are starting the summer off nice and busy. I'm glad that you are feeling well enough to stay busy. Good Luck to the girls this weekend in their big production! They will do great..
You are always busy with the funnest things....
:O)
Post a Comment