Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm In Love!!!

My brother-in-law brought it to my attention this weekend that I might be a little too outwardly expressive about the fact that I think my baby boy is the cutest thing. I can't help it. I am totally in love with this kid. When he's asleep at night, I want to wake him up just to see him smile. I don't know if it's the fact that he's my only little boy or if he's my first singleton, but I admit it, we have a special connection. I love him to pieces and I apologize for my outward expressions, but I can't help it! (This picture is pretty outdated, it's from Feb. He's changed a lot, now he has a lot more teeth)

6 comments:

Emily said...

You are so good with DJ. I think I am more protective of Crew than I was with my other two. Maybe it comes with age.

Shelly B. said...

Nothing wrong with a little PDA! Who can blame you...he is such a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate- I don't know if it's because she's my youngest or only girl, but Ginny and I have a special bond too and I think it's great and just fine!

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

That brother-in-law should know that his own mother had exactly the same attachment for him, as you do for DJ! I thought it was because he was my first child - but then his brother came along and I was the same with him. I think it must be a special bond with mothers and sons. I was totally in love with them and thought everything they did was so darling. But, I felt the exactly the same about my only daughter too! They all thrilled me every minute and they were the most beautiful, wonderful children on the planet! Mother love is a most amazing thing!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way with Caroline!! I think that Em might be right, and as we age we hold on to our kiddos a little tighter, because we know how time flies. Be outward all you like, there needs to be 'outward Mommies' out there! Sometimes Bradey or I will go into her room at night purposefully make a lot of noise just to wake her up and play with her!! I love it!

Hilary said...

He is scrumptious. I'm laughing at Shelly's PDA comment! Ha!