Tuesday, June 3, 2008

2 Major Discoveries Yesterday!

There have been 2 things bugging me lately. But alas, I found out my answers.

1. Why has my little DJ been so clingy? Is his personality changing because he's getting older? Is my golden child not so golden anymore? Ughhh!!!

Well after weeks of losing sleep over this issue I finally figured it out yesterday. While DJ was screaming his head off I noticed something white in the way back of his mouth. It can't be. He doesn't have all his teeth in the front yet. Sure enough, it's a huge moler in the way back slowly creeping it's way through the gum. Now I can sleep better at night knowing he is still my golden boy!

2. Why are my flowers that I planted a few weeks ago in my flower bed not making it? Did I plant too early? Has the weather been too cold for them? All that money down the drian. Ughhh!!

It dawned on me yesterday that I overheard Donevan telling someone that because of all the rain that we've gotten that he hasn't had the sprinklers on in a few weeks. This never happens in Idaho. We are usually so dry that our sprinklers are going off twice a day. So yesterday, it occured to me that because the sprinklers were turned off, so were my flower bed soakers. No wonder those poor flowers are dying. They haven't been getting any water. I will slowly nurse them back to life. Here's hoping for a miracle.

I know what you're thinking. Duuuh Christine, right!!! Yeah, pretty much I agree.

8 comments:

Me - Jen said...

Your funny!! If you are looking for a miracle try miracle grow, i am telling you my flowers have come back after weeks of being dehydrated. Congrats on the tooth discovery!! I am glad you have solved all these mysteries in your life.

Skylette said...

Hey, I would have guessed your flowers were getting enough water from the rain, but that shows how much I know. I have to get all of my flower bed tips from Miss Andrea Harker! :)

Amber said...

Ha Ha...I am glad you won't lose anymore sleep over your mysteries. Just don't look at our yard. We were supposed to have landscapers come by now but with all the rain they are behind. So our whole yard is ugly--good luck.

Anonymous said...

Wow! A molar?? When I was looking at Donnie's little arm-folding pics (toooo cute by the way), I was noticing that he already has a mouth full of teeth!

I too, have had a tough time w/the yard, we've keep turning the sprinklers on & off again. The yard's either totally soaked or too dry, I'm losing some of my stuff too!!!! Ahhhh, but you've probably lost enough sleep for both of us, so I'll try to rest easy :)

Hilary said...

We did the exact same thing last year... except our sprinkler was broken and that is why Mike kept putting off turning it on. This weather has been confusing in regards to sprinklers...

I LOVE soil pep too!!!

Natalie said...

I feel for you about the teething! Dawson already has six teeth and they are brutal so I can only imagine a molar! And I have to tell you it's so funny because Dawson has the same 4-wheeler as DJ! It is so funny to see him push the little button all on his own! Oh, I was wondering where do your girls take dance?

Tami said...

I haven't had time to plant flowers yet. Maybe that is a good thing. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding solutions to your problems. I wish I had figured out why my flowers all died - within TWO days. What the heck?!