Thursday, April 24, 2008

We'll Miss Daisy!

It's been an emotional week at our house as we've decided to give our dog Daisy away. We got her when she was a puppy and she has been a good dog. If you know me, you know that I am not a Dog lover. For the love of my husband and kids, I agreed to get Daisy 3 years ago. I am glad that my girls had the opportunity to love a Dog.

With a house full of busy kids and a husband that works a lot, I was always left with the responsibility of taking care of her. I know, this always happens to Mom's. I was taking care of her basic needs, but beyond that she wasn't getting the attention she needs. So, we decided as a family that Daisy would benefit most if we gave her to a family that could spoil her more than we could.

Our neighbors who already have 2 Beagles accepted her. We are excited because the girls can still go visit her whenever they want. We went over and saw her on Monday and she was so happy with her new family. She loved being with 2 other dogs and especially being able to run free inside their house. (something I didn't allow her to do) As hard as it was, I know we did what's best for Daisy. (and for my sanity!)

6 comments:

Emily said...

I am sorry your kids are sad, but the bright side is Daisy is just around the corner

Tiffany B said...

You are strong girl. I couldn't do it that is why we had Sophie for over 12 years!

Me - Jen said...

You are much stronger than I. I am proud of you. Way to simplfy your life, you are my hero!! I wish I could get courage to do that, now we just make our dog suffer and have a miserable non-existent life

Jen said...

You totally did the right thing. Caring for kids is a lot of work. Adding an animal to the mix makes things more difficut.

Hilary said...

I think you found the perfect solution...

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, Christine. We had a beagle for about four months. Ali Belle wanted a Beagle so bad. We discovered that beagles were not the dog breed for us! We could not get "Lucy" trained for the life of us. Were you able to train yours at all? Lucy was pretty sweet but so stubborn! Cousin Whitney