I am so ready for Spring...and finally we've had some sunshine and a little glimpse of what nice weather could actually be like. I find myself anxious for summer, but in some ways, I'm not ready for the girls to be out of school. I am such a schedule person when it comes to my children that summer sometimes drives me crazy in that respect. The kids stay up late and we just fly by the seat of our pants most days. I always get this way when a change is about to come. I remember at the end of summer last year not looking forward to school starting. So my point I guess is that I don't handle change in schedules very well. We are really looking forward to doing some camping this summer, boating (attempting once again to teach the girls to waterski), hitting some water parks and just trying to enjoy the fun that summer can bring. Our absolute favorite tradition is 4th of July in Idaho Falls. We have vowed to never go out of town for the 4th. I can't wait to hear all the neighborhood kids out in the cul-de-sac and random knocks at the door asking if the girls can come out to play. I do LOVE our neighborhood and all the kids! It's so fun.
We have some big things coming up in the next couple months and life will be crazy. The girls are in a big ballet performance at the beginning of June. They also have their TaVaci Singers concert coming up. I'm super excited about that because each week they come home with some new song they've learned. They're doing Thriller and have some cute moves they're learned. They came home yesterday singing Bye Bye Bye from InSync. I've also heard them randomly singing Cotton Eyed Joe, H.S. Musical songs and Only in America by Brooks&Dunn. Sounds like it will be a very eclectic production. Another season of soccer starts next week. Donevan coaches an all girl team. I'm excited because I was the first to pick up the uniforms and I got pink. Yeah!! They've played many seasons and never been a girly color. They've also started begging to do Gymnastics/Cheerleading. I'm still thinking about it, but am concerned with how much they are already involved with. They also came home and said all they're friends are taking swimming lessons and why haven't they started yet? It's hard to find a balance in all this....and enough money to pay for it all!
Some other shocking things coming up are my 10 Year Wedding Anniversary in May. Wow! That is truly unbelievable. I am also turning 30 in June. How can that be? Enough about that, I might be having a crisis.
Well I am finally unpacked from our Boise trip. My sweet mother in law took home 3 loads of laundry for me after seeing how much I had. Then I spent yesterday doing 7 more loads...that makes 10 loads of laundry. And keep in mind, I have the big front loaders that you can get tons of laundry in. I can't imagine how long it would have taken me in my old washer/dryer. Another benefit of summer is less clothes to wash. No bulky sweatshirts and jeans. Just t's and shorts. Yeah!
Well I guess that is enough of my blabbing. For all you fellow bloggers out there, I love reading your blogs and seeing how everyone is doing. If you are just a blog looker and thinking about getting a blog....do it! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!!!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Yes change gives me anxiety too. It will all be good right? That is at least what I keep saying. You are a busy woman with all the running around you will be doing. Hope you keep a good book in your car for taxi cab. Good to see you last week, we miss you guys!!
You are going to be busy the few weeks. I can't believe they will be out of school in a month and a half. Crazy how fast time flies.
Spring is itching in our house too. Yesterday we endured the chilly heat wave at the park and shivered while we ate our lunch and today we basked in the warmth while we fed the ducks. I swear it can't come fast enough. Congrats on the pink uniforms....we love pink.
I think it is theraputic to write down things clogging up your mind and heart. I think we women tend to think deeply about a variety of things that worry us or make us happy or occupy so much of our time. You are doing GREAT!
Lots and lots goin' on!!! I agree with Veronica, it's nice (for me) hear others' thoughts/concerns about these "exciting" & intimidating parts of life. Time flies though! I feel for you- this year is my 31st bday and my 11th Anniversary- WOW & YIKES!
that is a LOT of laundry, Christine!!
I am loving the Tavaci songs too... and think what a heads up the girls will have once they start doing states and capitals in school!!!
Just letting you know I stumbled upon your blog on Sherrelle's site and have really enjoyed checking it out! If you want, or have time, feel free to check my blog out sometime.
www.janielbishop.blogspot.com
I'm glad you're back to blogging. I missed out on the updates while you were traveling! It looks like you had a lot of fun :)
I am excited for the kids being out of school. I miss them during the day. I hope that your girls invite them to your cul-de-sac for outside play time. I need to get them out of the house more. Of course I hope to see more of you in the summer at the Pool!
Post a Comment