As I am reflecting on this Christmas, thinking of all the highlights, I find myself an emotional wreck. This year, it wasn't just today that was so spectacular, it was this entire Holiday season. We have tried to implement tradition and fun into our little family in the past, and this year was crammed with all of that and more. With three 7 year olds and a new baby boy, it seems like this is definitely a Christmas to remember.
Christmas Eve we had fun eating Chinese Food (a strange yet incredible Payne family tradition), wrapping gifts, delivering gifts to some less fortunate families, reading Christmas stories, etc. I think the best part of the night was delivering gifts to 5 families. We would place the gifts on the doorsteps, knock and run as fast as we could to our getaway car. It was a lot of fun and especially to think about these children receiving these surprises and how excited they must have been. I think after this evening and two deliveries to a trailer park earlier in the weekend, my girls are feeling very fortunate and blessed...and I am too. It really feels good to help others during the holidays and I hope the feelings we have now will continue throughout the year and we can have other opportunities to help those in need.
It is such a magical time for my girls. They really believe in Santa and believe in magic! Donevan and I found ourselves getting little sleep last night trying to prepare every little detail to be perfect for the morning. One thing you must know about Donevan is that he is a kid at heart. He never sleeps on Christmas Eve because he is always so excited with anticipation. I have heard from his family that this is the way he's been since a small child.
We woke up to the sound of three little girls with such joy and excitement in their voices. "Santa came and we got gold paper" (gold paper means you were extra special that year). Then we heard, "He ate the cookies and he drank his milk." Then they looked outside and saw reindeer prints and Santa had left behind in the snow three silver bells from his sleigh. It was so fun to hear the girls giggle with excitement!!!
We spent all morning opening gifts. Santa brought Asheligh a pink mp3 player. Brittany got a scooter w/ puppies on it and Caitley got a green gameboy. They have all been thrilled all day with their gifts. We got them each new bedding and they opened many gifts from Grandmas and Grandpas, cousins, and eachother. It just seemed to never end! Little DJ got some cute clothes and some fun new toys to entertain him. Grandma and Grandpa Neider spent the morning with us and it was such a treat to have them here!
Doneven surprised me like he does each year! This year he bought me a red laptop. I was so surprised and very excited. Our computer is ancient and so slow. Not to mention that the sound doesn't work on it and many many more problems. I am very excited to get it up and running!
This has been a wonderful Christmas! I don't want the memories of it to fade. Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment