Monday, October 13, 2008
Feeling Blessed!
Today, during Donevan's lunch break we went to a local tile store to pick out the tile for our basement bathroom. We stopped by Wendy's drive through to get a quick bite to eat on the way. As we sat at a red light, there was a man standing there with a sign in the freezing cold. The sign said, "Vietnam Veteran Homeless". Donevan rolled down the window and gave him his unopened Burger and French Fries. We sat there waiting for the light to turn green as this man ate his food. He couldn't shovel it in fast enough. He was literally starving. It's easy in this selfish, spoiled world that we live in to take for granted how blessed we really are. What color tile I am about to purchase for my basement is so petty compared to some of the trials that others are going through right now. I am so grateful for everything that I have and I hope I can always remember the importance of giving and serving others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It is always nice to remember how blessed we all really are. Thanks for sharing! 3 weeks will go by so fast. I hope your basement will get done quickly and I can't wait to see Emma!
Donevan has always been a sweet and compassionate person. You are lucky to have such a wonderful husband. They are rare, even in the church. I look around at many of my friends and it reminds me how blessed I am to have Travis.
We truly are blessed materially. It was kind of you to further share your blessings with someone who obviously needed it!
What a nice thing to do.... can't believe all the stuff on your "to do" list. If you ever need a bit of time while the girls are in school, you can drop DJ off over here for some play time!!
We really are all so incredibly blessed! I hope we can all remember to do those little things that can make a big difference in someone else's life. Hope you feel ok these last few weeks.
Great reality check. BTW your blog is looking so cute!
I love you guys! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment