I haven't been much of a blogger lately. I've been really busy, but here's a little journaling about my life lately.
My Brother Ron stayed with us last weekend while he brought his daughter Brooke to college. It was fun to have him here! I have been so excited to have my niece Brooke only 30 mins. away. DJ and I drove up there on Tuesday to see her apartment, have lunch and do a little shopping. It brought back a lot of memories of my college days there...and falling in love! Fun Fun!
Tomorrow my Mom is coming to town for a few days. We always have so much fun shopping and just being together. The girls are really excited for Grandma to come too.
I've continued with my nesting! I cut the corn off of 4 doz. cobs last night and froze a bunch of fresh corn for the winter. I also got a box of peaches today to do the same with. I don't know where all my energy is coming from, but I'm going to be productive while I have it.
I had another Dr. Appt. today. It went very well; it's always fun to hear Emma's heartbeat. I was surprised to find that since my appt. 3 weeks ago, I didn't gain any weight. I haven't had much of an appetite lately. Emma is measuring perfect, so no worries about that. I have had a major obsession with chewing ice (iron deficiency) and leg cramps in the middle of the night (calcium&potassium deficiencies). If you've ever experienced these leg cramps you understand the pain I've been going through. They are horrible...I would almost rather be throwing up(BTW-I am still doing that in the morning, ugh). It's really hard to believe that in a month and a half I will have 5 children. On my last airline flight this summer, the attendant looked at me as she watched all my kids march onto the plane and stared at my belly and said, "What are you trying to do girl, keep up with Brad and Angelina?" I laughed, but really I feel very blessed to have a big family and I wouldn't trade it for anything. My friend Ali always says, "We're bringing BIG Families Back". I guess we are!
The kids are doing great. The girls love 2nd grade and love their teacher. I can't believe how much more difficult 2nd grade is though. Now that school is back in session, our life is a lot more hectic. From the moment they get home from school it's just running. We have ballet, singing, gymnastics and cheer activities to get to and it's sometimes hard to find time to fit in chores and homework. DJ continues to keep me very busy. He is just the cutest thing and his personality is so much fun lately. He understands just about everything we say to him and he's starting to try to communicate back. His most common word used is "ball". He loves his sports!!! He misses the girls while they are at school, but I sure have enjoyed having him to myself. He only has a few more weeks to be the baby, so I have been spoiling him a lot. I find myself rocking him and getting as much cuddling in as I can.
College Football started so pretty much that's the weekend highlights for Donevan at our house. He has 3 TV's set up in the basement so he can watch 3 different games at once. Insane!!! I tease him, but we really do enjoy football season at our house and he works so hard during the week that it's fun to see him have so much fun on the weekends.
That's about it for now. Hope everyone is happy and healthy and enjoying the beginning of Fall. It's my favorite time of year!!!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Girl, I can't believe how much energy you have right now. I love when you and Ali say you are bringing big families back. But, you both are such great moms. I hope you don't get mad at me for teasing you to have one more. Then maybe we can be pregnant together. Come on JUST DO IT! (lol)
I agree with Em...why stop at 5 when you can have 6? Just kidding, but you are so amazing that I know you, of all people, could do it! Have a GREAT time with your mom!
I can't even imagine how busy you are! I think I am, but I have 1 to your 4 right now. I might have to hit you and/or Emily up on how to freeze/can my two boxes of peaches. They are absolutely my most favorite fruit and I have to have them during the winter!!!
You are BUSY!!! Get it done while you have the time!
You are sersiously amazing. You're putting me to shame... I'm not juggling any of the things you are juggling. I don't know where all your energy comes from either--storing corn and peaches?! Give me whatever you're on! I'm glad things are going well. I love you positive attitude.
3 TV's Donevan??? You are a good woman to put up with that. You sound so productive & busy it makes me feel lazy...but I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.
Love the "bringing big families back" comment.
You never gave us an update on 90210. How did it pan out?
I love your good attitude about Donevan watching football on the weekend. I need to try and be more like that.
You are amazing. You are juggling things well. Hope you have a great visit with your mom. I am glad you have such good helpers with the new baby coming.....they will be fighting to hold and care for Emma....Good Luck! See you soon.
I got some peaches and we tried to make peach ice cream and well, the kids all informed us that it wasn't as good as dad's friends in Idaho. I had to agree, so anyway I need your receipe. Good luck with the baby and all.
Christine you are such a good mom and wife! Tell Donevan that he is one lucky guy!! I give Bradey about an hour before I am whining, and bugging him to get fixing things for me, or to take the kids so I can clean up! I might have to call my 'big family' 4 kiddos, cause this one is wiping me right out. I keep waiting for the burst of second trimester energy that I got with Caroline, but I am still waiting.... Hey, at least I am back to blogging.... a little bit.
Post a Comment