Whenever I hit 7 Months in a Pregnancy I feel a sense of relief. It was drilled into my head when I was pregnant with the triplets that I had to make it to 7 months/28 weeks.(I made it to 33 w/ them) So, I think in my mind I am still obsessed with that magic number. Well here I am at 28 weeks and very excited. Emma is approx. 2 1/2 pounds and moving around like crazy.
Today I had my 7 month appt. All is well. So far I have gained a total of 9 pounds since my first visit. It helps that I am so sick the first few months and lose a few pounds during that time. I'm sure the next few weeks will be filled with much more weight gain.
If you see me regularly, you may have noticed that I refuse to wear maternity clothing and I haven't worn any yet. Thanks to the style of low rise jeans that fit perfectly below my belly and a lot of my blouse type shirts that still fit I've been able to avoid maternity wear. I do feel like I am growing fast, so I might not be able to keep up with my stubborn ways. Because of my refusal to wear/purchase maternity clothing, you might see me in my last two months of pregnancy wearing the same few outfits.
My nausea in the morning has returned. Yuck. I had some relief for a while, but I am back on my zofran. Once I eat and get my medicine in me, I'm good. I've had other issues that include a few trips to the chiropractor for some sciatic nerve and lower back problems. I did a major grocery shopping trip today at a discount store where you bag and load all your groceries yourself.(Winco) I had two cart fulls and I'm sure the heavy pushing has done me in for a few days. I saved a lot of money, but probably not if I have to pay to go to the chiropractor again tomorrow. I can barely walk tonight. This reminds me of a funny incident that happened a couple of days ago. Ashleigh after cheerleading was asking me how to do a herky jump. I was trying to help her do it and without even thinking I just said, "I'll show you". So there I was my 7 month pregnant self doing a cheerleading jump in the middle of my living room. Not smart. I thought I was going to die after doing this really dumb thing. I spent the night in the bathtub and couldn't walk the next day either. Let me just say, I am 99% sure this is my last pregnancy.
I really can't believe I will be bringing a new baby girl home in 74 days. I should be in a panic more than I am. I'm so NOT prepared for her arrival. I think by your fifth child you are less obsessive about every detail. I just want a healthy baby girl....no NICU.
I have started my nesting phase. I spent 3 hours in my office yesterday organizing. I ended up with 3 trashbags full of papers for Donevan to take to work and shred (he has a shredding company that will shred it all....just in case you thought he was going to sit there and shred 3 trashbags full of papers...NOT). I'll move from room to room until I feel very organized for Emma's arrival.....then my chiropractor, bathtub, not being able to walk routine happens all over again. What can I say...I have 4 kids, I can't sit in bed and eat bon bons all day. That does sound good though.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Only 9 pounds, are you kidding me. You look awesome and so cute! I can't wait to see your cute baby girl and I am just hoping for your family no NICU. I can help you anytime you need to go through things. You can sit and tell me what to do. Thanks for letting my kids play all day over there.
HI, This is McKenzie Bowen. I wanted your address so that I could send you a baby announcement. My e-mail address is mckenziebowen@hotmail.com. Thanks.. You have such a cute little family.
You looked so adorable in the store the other day. I only wish I could look like you pregnant. Your girls are getting so big and your life seems so happy and complete. Can't wait until Emma comes to make everything perfect!
It was so good seeing and reading your last few posts! I have to confess too that I have recently been addicted to Facebook and have not been ready my favorite blogs! Anyways, I love you pictures and way to go on the 9lbs. and the herky!
I am so jealous about only 9 pounds. That's great. I feel for you not being able to move. Just think it's almost over.
I agree... you look SO cute. I'd love to help you out too...
The herky story made me laugh. You silly!
Post a Comment