Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Did I Get My Brown Eyed Boy???


Since Baby Donnie has been born all I have heard is.....What color are his eyes? Well, we think they are turning brown. However, somedays he wakes up and they look blue as can be. Sometimes they have even looked green. But today they look Big and Brown. Yeah!!! I got online and checked out the chances of Donevan and I having a brown eyed baby. With our genetic backgrounds we had a 50% chance of a brown eyed baby, 40% chance of a blue eyed baby and a 10% chance of green.
It's crazy that all three of our girls have blue eyes. In fact when they were first born and we lived in Michigan, whenever I took them out alone, I was asked if I was the nanny. I was so annoyed, especially after being pregnant for 33 weeks with three babies, enduring months of bedrest and a post surgery infection. Now, I would be delighted if someone thought I looked too young to have children. I don't get that comment in Idaho. Well, we'll have to wait patiently to see what color his eyes really are.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I hope you do! My mom (brown-eyed) wanted a brown-eyed baby so bad and never got one-- hazel was the closest she got. She does, however, have grandkids w/ brown eyes! I love browneyed babies! (mine are blue and I love them too!)

Emily said...

I hope Donny has brown eyes. Your eyes are so pretty, you need one child to have your eyes