Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Made It!

I made it to Virginia. We left Idaho Falls yesterday at 1o am and made it to my parents house last night around 11 pm. It was a long day. The flights were long and hard, but I'm glad we're here and we can't wait for all the fun we're going to have the next few weeks. I decided yesterday might have been one of the most challenging days of my life. You know the screaming baby that drives everyone nuts on the airplane. That was my little boy! The flights were full, so he had to be on my lap. He didn't like being confined and I think he must have had trouble with his ears. He definitely wasn't himself. We really missed Donevan's help!

We flew into Washington Reagan Airport and the view at night was absolutely amazing. It was fun for the girls to see all the glowing monuments..and fun for me too! When we stepped outside, we were overcome by the humidity. The girls said, "why does it feel so foamy?" Last summer when we came they couldn't believe the trees and said, "Mom, we didn't know you grew up in the forest." Kids say the funniest things.

By the way, my poor husband doesn't do well when we are gone. Please call him, text him, feed him, etc. He needs a little extra TLC. We love you Donevan...thanks for being so good about us leaving you and thanks for working so hard so that we could come on this trip. You are the best Dad and Husband ever!!!!

14 comments:

Angie Hansen said...

Have a great time and glad you endured your long flight by yourself. Wonder Woman.

Emily said...

Oh man, that is a really long day. Poor DJ and you. Hopefully your flight home will be better since Donevan will be with you. WE miss you already and hope you have a fabulous trip!

Tiffany B said...

Glad you made it. Have a wonderful time!

Shelly B. said...

I'm glad your LONG day is over and that you can start your PARTY now!

I saw Donevan leaving the neighborhood with the boat tonight...so I don't feel sorry for him...not one bit! ;)

Dorian said...

You made it!! I can't wait to get together! Look at your schedule and let me know what days work for you for us to stop by. I would also love to go to dinner alone.....do you think you could rope family into watching the kids?

Hilary said...

Foamy air! Hilarious!

Sorry DJ was so hard on the plane. That is NO fun.

Have a great time!

Gracie (and Ella) are missing your girls already!

Lori Ann said...

You are one brave woman to fly with 4 kids while pregnant! Now that's over though so you can enjoy your time with your family. Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Way to endure the flight (like you had any choice right?). I'm so glad you're there doing fun things with your family, they will have such great memories! Can't wait to read all about it!!

Veronica said...

Christine, you are amazing! I am thankful you are with your family and now have a new meaning to endure to the end....I am proud of you! Have a great time. I saw Donevan the day you left when I was at Em's and I know he is missing all of you. Take care.

andrea said...

If you feel like a field trip, pile the kids in the car and come to Culpeper. Shelly, Jeremy and boys arrived the same day you did. We would love to see you. If not................we should meet somewhere in the middle. Culpeper is about an hour west of Fairfax. Come see us. You will love our little town.

Jen said...

How exciting! We are missing each other by just a week :( I'm sad our paths didn't cross. HAVE FUN!

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

I'm lonesome for you all! I'm sorry about DJ having a hard trip. Once my ears hurt on a plane until I was crying real tears! - so that could have been what it was. I think they say to take an antihistamine. Ask a doctor there what to give him. Hope you are all having fun. Tell the girls hi from G&G! Love you all.

Lara said...

Wow! Sounds like an amazing test of your strength and endurance! Glad that Aunt Marog forwarded me your blog--it's great to see you all and congrats on the coming baby girl!

Tami said...

I am sorry your plane flight was rough! From what I hear your husband is eating well and sleeping well. Although I know that he misses you and the kids! Have fun!