Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Latest Obsession!

My loyal readers know that I have been slacking on my posts lately. A lot of it is due to my 5 kids, but part of it is due to my latest obession. Couponing! My sister introduced me to this and I have been an addict ever since. Basically, it's the simple idea of buying when things are on sale and buying enough to last you until it goes on sale again. So you never pay full price for anything.
Plus you stack coupons with special store promotions and you end up paying rock bottom prices and sometimes even getting items for free. I have always been a bargain shopper and loved the feeling of getting a good deal. But, this gives me a bigger high than a good deal on a pair of shoes. Besides, I have 7 mouths to feed. That can be very expensive. My coupon obesession is time consuming, but I look at it as my part time job. If I take the amount of money I am saving and divide it by the time I am spending, I am pretty shocked at my hourly wage :) I wanted to share just a few of my great deals lately.


Total Items Purchased: 23
Total Savings: $58.08
TOTAL SPENT: $10.29
(All the BBQ sauce was free. The capri suns were .75 cents a box and the dressing was .25 cents each, shells and cheese were $1 a box)


This was my most exciting trip because of all the meat I got! (if you look closely there are 6 pkgs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6-1lb. pkgs of ground beef, 2 pkg bacon, a ham, 4 bags of cheese, 6 jars of spaghetti sauce, 6 jars of peanut butter and lots more!
Total Items Purchased: 97
Total Savings:$223.16
Total Spent:$149.52 (plus I am getting a rebate in the mail for the price of the ham $11)

8 comments:

Emily said...

Good Job...that is amazing!

Shelly B. said...

You rock!

Kirstin said...

seriously cool. how do you do it? i would love to do it but don't know anything about couponing. give some pointers in your next post for me. :)

Laurel said...

you are amazing!!! your food storage is inspiring!!!

virginia said...

I was dying laughing looking at this post until I saw the one below with your food storage. I think I might have to give it a try : )

Anonymous said...

way to go!! i am obsessed too!! i love it! yep, we need to do a home storage tour! it does take time & lots of planning but i wouldn't/couldn't go back to the "old way" of shopping!

Tiffany B said...

Very cool! I too am loving the deals I am finding lately with my couponing. I agree it can take quite a bit of time but it just makes me happy to get a good deal.

Leila said...

OH MY GOODNESS...... This is AWESOME. I wish I could do this. You HAVE to tell me how you save all of that. I am good about buying what is on sale....but free stuff....now i want to do that!!!