Monday, April 6, 2009

Self Reflection

A few weekends ago our little family took a trip to the cabin. It was so relaxing and fun. I love being away from the everyday things in life that cloud my mind. (telephone, Internet, doorbell, errands, bills, laundry, chores, homework, etc.) The simplicity and beauty of nature helps me to reconnect with my inner self and reflect on my life. I did a lot of thinking and pondering while we were up there.

Having Emma and feeling that our family is complete right now has really got me doing a lot of self reflection too. My time as a mother while my kids are young is short. I want to enjoy every moment and cherish my time with them. Being a mom isn't easy and I want to do my very best. I have been given the blessing of raising these sweet children and for that I am so grateful. They are my priority and if that means giving up some of "me" time than oh well. There will be lots of "me" time when they're grown and gone. If that means giving up a tidy house than on well. The house will be tidy when they're grown and gone. Adjusting to 5 children has been one of my greatest challenges, but I think I am finally there. I am adjusted...it only took 5 months! But, there is so much more to accomplish after being adjusted.

My friends might say they have seen less of me, I'm not at every invite anymore or my phone calls are less frequent. And it's true! It was really getting to me that I couldn't juggle everything and I kept thinking to myself, "I'm missing out on so many things." Then it finally dawned on me that I'd really be missing out if I wasn't home with my little ones. So, for now this is my life and I love it. I'm going to cherish the sound of pitter patter feet running through the house and the little love notes the triplets leave me on my bedside at night. I'm going to cherish the sounds of little D learning to say "love you mama". I'm going to cherish hearing Emma giggle and enjoy every little milestone. If there is anything that I would want people to know about me it is that I love being a Mom and I love my family with all my heart, it's just that simple!

6 comments:

Skylette said...

What an enlightening post Christine! Love it! It makes me think of our last lesson too, and you are so right, before we know it these little ones of ours will be grown and starting families of their own so it's imperative that we enjoy it while it lasts. Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

And you are a wonderful Mom. I love sitting back and observing you. You are great and so are your 5 sweet children!

Margo and Kenny Neider said...

Do you have any idea how thankful we are for you?!! You are such a blessing to our family and to your children and to Donevan.
I can honestly say that I enjoyed every minute of my children being little and growning up, and you are right - it's gone before you know it - but there's a wonderful suprise ahead. It's grandchildren that you love as much as you did your own children! I never thought it was possible, but it truely is. And you get to keep loving your own too, and their sweet companions! It just quite amazing!

virginia said...

"our family is complete RIGHT NOW" hmmm... interesting : )

Chereebee said...

oh I just love you christine - this was a great post! You are such a fabulous mom to your beautiful children :)

Anonymous said...

Love love love this post. Thanks for the "simple" reminder. I have tried taking this approach too, many things just have to go along the wayside for a while as the kids are young.

You are a great Mom and you are doing a wonderful job!