Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Big Flood!


Now that a few weeks has passed and I have recovered a little bit, I can blog about our flood. Here's the short version of the story. I was at basketball with the girls and Donevan was home with DJ, Emma and some friends watching the Michigan/Ohio State game. Donevan came upstairs and changed DJ's diaper. Donevan then started back downstairs. DJ wasn't behind him, but when Donevan called his name a few seconds later, he came running. Well little did Donevan know, DJ had run into our master bathroom and turned on the tub. They went downstairs and continued watching football. A while later, (45 mins or so) Donevan heard water running. He heard it coming from Ashleigh's room in the basement. He went in there to find water rushing down from the chandalier and soaking her room. He ran upstairs to find the tub running, the bathroom, bedroom and closet all flooded. Yikes! Our 8 day old basement was flooded. Ashleigh's entire ceiling's sheetrock had to be removed replaced and new insulation put in. The room is being repainted and we have to replace all the carpet and pad. The upstairs dried after having a major renovation company come with their power fans and humidifiers. We were devastated, but we are just happy DJ didn't get hurt and that's why we have homeowners insurance. Gotta love a 20 month old! He's keeping me on my toes.

7 comments:

Jana said...

I'm so sorry! I can't imagine. I'm glad that everything turned out ok.

Hilary said...

this still just makes me sad and sick. You're right though, thankfully DJ was okay... way to find the bright side.

Jen said...

Whoa! That's NOT fun. You WILL laugh about this in a few years. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh, the sordid details. I was wondering if/when you'd post them.........that's just terrible Christine!!!!

So sorry! Mine likes to turn on my tub too!!! That scares me a bit more now........

andrea said...

I just felt sick when I read this. Hope all is well.

Chereebee said...

oh that picture makes me so sad!! I'm glad that everything is almost fixed :)

Veronica said...

So sorry to hear about the flood...I can't imagine how you felt. Glad to hear it is all fixed and that you survived. Hope you are well.